Upgrading hardware or migrating to SIMS Spring 2015 release?
Whether you are moving onto an entirely new server or simply upgrading your existing one, Redstor's Backup for Schools Service can help simplify the process and reduce the risk of the migration.
Pre-requisites for SIMS Spring 2015 release
- SQL Server 2012
- Physical Windows Server 2008 R2 / SP2 (this is a requirement of SQL Server 2012)
- Or a virtual environment (e.g. Hyper-V) running Windows Server 2008 R2 / SP2+
- Internet Explorer 7 or above (for the MMC - Microsoft Management Console)
Upgrading existing infrastructure?
Protecting the whole server using Redstor Backup for Schools Service gives you a full rollback point should the worst happen during the upgrade.
Redstor recommend using our Backup for Schools service to take an additional, quick and dynamic backup of the SIMS/FMS/Discover databases just before pressing the button for the upgrade. This extra backup will take just minutes and gives you a fallback point should you need one.
Migrating to new hardware and operating system at the same time?
Are you currently running on old hardware and will be upgrading to new hardware as well as moving to Server 2012?
Then why not use our Backup for Schools service to perform the data migration. Back up all your critical user and application data using the RBUSS on the live server and restore it all to the new server to test out the new hardware before the final cutover.
Many existing customers already use our Backup for Schools service to:
- Validate Disaster Recovery plans
- Migrate from old to new hardware
- Migrate to new operating systems
- Create cloned systems for testing or development
- Demonstrate that the data from their end-users is truly recoverable without impacting any production services during the test
The infamous Equifax data breach has once more expanded, the company announced last week that a further 2.4 million consumers in the United States... read more