Redstor Education Survey - the results are in...
Redstor recently asked our education partner network to provide us with feedback regarding their experiences in the education market and some thoughts as to where the market is going. The results are in and some of the feedback was quite surprising whilst some was exactly as expected. With Children in Need just having happened, Redstor decided to donate money to charity for each survey that was completed. As a result of the survey, Redstor donated £640 to Children in Need. A big thank you to everyone who took the time to respond. The survey was responded to by representatives from 40 unique organisations who collectively support well over 10,000 schools across the UK. As such, the information gathered provides valuable insight into the UK education market as a whole. As a thank you for taking the time to complete the survey, Redstor are giving away an iPad to one lucky person who completed the survey. If you'd like to see who won, you can watch as we select the lucky winner's name here. Some highlights of the survey results include:
- Our partners think tablets will play a huge role in education in future as part of the learning curriculum
- iOS is predicted to dominate within education
- Updates and patch management are one of the top task partners would like to automate
- 2/3rds of people think school budgets have decreased, 1/3 think they’re unchanged. Not 1 person thinks they've increased
- Online Backup is offered by 2/3rds of surveyed partners as an add-on rather than by default rather than as part of a support contract
- E-Safety is an area of huge concern for schools
- Desktops are the area in which most support time is spent followed by an equal amount of time spent on servers and laptops
- Fire fighting / simple fault fixes and updates are where a large amount of time is spent in terms of support
If you have any questions regarding the above, please don't hesitate to get in touch.