Data Centre Facilities
Data Centre Facilities
In order to provide services with enterprise-level availability and resilience, we have invested heavily in our data centre facilities over a number of years. Through extensive partnerships with Equinix, Internet Solutions, Teraco and Everest, Redstor can provide geographically local services, guaranteeing data sovereignty, regardless of the location of your organisation. Our data centres and secure online backup service facilities offer impressive levels of security, redundancy and availability and are connected by diverse fibre links.
Our data centres provide global average uptime of >99.999%. To ensure electricity is always available, our facilities provide a minimum of N+1 power redundancy, meaning every mission-critical component has at least one backup power feed that kicks in when there’s an outage. Data centres also have enough fuel on site to provide 24 to 48 hours of emergency power using backup generators, and we have guaranteed fuel delivery contracts to replenish those supplies. Routine daily, weekly and monthly maintenance ensures optimal performance without interruption to data centre services.
Redstor maximises physical security at their data centres with these features:
• 24x7x365 security
• Ballistic glass, mantrap and airlock
• Doors secured with biometric hand geometry readers
• Discreet facilities with windowless exteriors
• CCTV digital camera coverage of the data centres
• Entrance cages, with detailed surveillance and audit logs
• CCTV integrated with access control and alarm system
• Equipment check upon arrival
• Walled off shipping and receiving area
BGP allows Redstor to peer seamlessly with the Internet. Our ISP dual-homed connectivity provides the scalability and redundancy that our customers demand and features:
• On-net connectivity to over 130+ data centres globally
• Global fibre-based network with high-speed and low latency
• Over 1,000 network points of presence globally
Fire suppression features of Redstor's data centres include multi-zoned, dry-pipe, double-interlock, pre-action fire suppression as well as Very Early Smoke Detection and Alarm (VESDA). All diesel generators and tanks are kept separate.
As a local business with Data Centres in South Africa, Redstor can assist local organisations to comply with data protection regulation, as set out in the POPI Act.
Data Centre Locations